Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Story of Tonight

As much as I'd like to write a whole post about Hamilton, my brain dictates otherwise. Tonight is election night. Let's talk...

As I type this, I am praying and crying and listening to show tunes to ward off the impending breakdown. Because I am currently scared out of my mind. I shouldn't be. I voted and I voted my conscious. It's not my fault if things fall apart. But I can't help but hyperventilate. Hamilton is literally at full blast right now. I am barely coping.

Time to write a note to myself for the morning...

"You lived. You didn't rip your hair out and you didn't have a heart attack. What has happened has happened. It doesn't change the fact that you still suck at math or that you can't find foundation that matches your skin tone. You are a smart, young woman who can take on the world, regardless of who is running this country. You have work to do. Now get up, take a deep breath, grab some coffee and get to it. You lived to tell the story of tonight."

That's all I can really say. Break a leg, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment