Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Distractions

The internet. Television. A text message. Walls (I spend a lot of time starring aimlessly at these). The unicorn that just ran past your face because it's 3 A.M. and you're still studying for [insert class here] and you're exhausted.

There are so many distractions that we deal with on a daily basis. Even writing this post is a distraction from my composition paper. So's the new tab I just opened on my web browser so I can look for new boots.

Funny thing about distractions. Some of them are actually good. Sometimes it's good to step away from whatever you're doing and just do whatever. I'll take breaks from homework to text my friends. Otherwise I'd probably have a nervous breakdown. Distractions keep you loose (mentally) and can be relaxing.

And then sometimes you seriously have to get something done and by being distracted you just draw out your impending doom (in my case, failing whatever assignment that I really need to finish). We try to fight those bad distractions. Sometimes we succeed. We slay the metaphorical dragon. And sometimes that dragon eats us alive. Frankly, it's a vicious cycle.

But we keep going. We keep doing the things. We keep getting distracted. We bear hug the good ones and get into fist fights with the bad ones. Repeat. And that's life.

End of thought. Now here's a unicorn to distract you. Have fun.
Image result for unicorn

Photo courtesy of http://theunicornhunt.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment